You want your home and space to reflect your unique style and taste. When you work with Blu Ivy, you get a custom-tailored design plan to meet your needs and match your style. Design service prices will vary. We handle projects both big and small with one goal in mind: to create a space where you love to be.
How does the design process work?
We ask that you take pictures of your space and come in and talk with either Patty or Michelle so we can see so who would be a good fit to work with. From there we will discuss the important steps below as well as cost. If we feel the need to make a site visit, we will determine that after the initial consult. During the consult, we will discuss the major points of design projects.
1. Define the room's purpose: How do you want to the room to feel? How does it get used? Functionality is just as important as beauty.
2. Inspiration: Inspiration can come from anywhere, travels, internet, favorite restaurant, or a piece of art. Whatever it is, we can draw a design style or create a color palette that is unique to you.
3. Space planning and measurement: It's important to have accurate measurements when choosing furniture and decor so it fits the space.
4. Budget & Timing: It is important to have an idea in mind that you want to spend and how quickly the room needs to be done as it helps us select the appropriate items.
5. Select Furniture and Decor pieces: We work with several manufacturers and will identify items that may be either in stock or special ordered to meet your needs and budget.